Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Anatomy Schmatomy

When I am asked about my favorite TV show, nothing in particular pops into my head. It’s not that I don’t like TV… in fact; it is usually on when I am cooking lunch or while I’m doing schoolwork. I just honestly don’t have time to watch the same show every week.

So for this blog, I decided to research statistics concerning “Grey’s Anatomy” because it seems like every person I know is obsessed with the show. I have NEVER seen a single episode because I was always at practice when it was on television, and I’ve never had the urge to watch it online.

According to the Nielson ratings at
USAToday
, "Grey’s Anatomy" averages #5 on the top 20 list for broadcast programs. According to this site, 25.8 million viewers tune into ABC every Thursday at 9 PM.

The Nielson ratings at
Zap2It
rank "Grey’s Anatomy" #6 on the top 20 list of Network Primetime Series. This is the average for the 2006 – 2007 season through April 1, 2007.

The biggest news for "Grey’s Anatomy" was that the show drew its second-largest audience ever during the concluding episode of the season. According to TVGuide, an amazing 27.29 million people tuned in. This was a jump of 1.7 million people from the previous week.
“That was also ABC’s largest audience in the Thursday 9 pm hour with series programming in more than six and a half years (since a May 2000 millionaire).”

Other shows during the same time-slot include "Deal or No Deal" and "CSI." I would most likely watch one of these shows instead of "Grey’s Anatomy" because I’m not a fan of “hospital shows.” Maybe I’m just being stereotypical, because I haven’t seen an episode, but anything involving death, blood, pain, or hospitals is not appealing to me. I’d much rather watch something happy, but obviously I’m unlike 27 million viewers in the United States!

No comments: