Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Role I Will Choose:

After taking this course, I feel very strongly about a few things. I am even more aware of the pictures in my head than I was before the term. I realize that there are pre-conceived stereotypes in everyone's minds, but I will continue to actively work to suppress them.

I realize that it is important to respect others and listen to everyone's opinion, even thought it may not be the same as yours. I think that it is important to work toward equality (among race, gender, religion, etc.), to stand up for what you believe in, and to be an ally.

I will not tolerate inappropriate jokes about race, gender, religion, etc. and will explain why if necessary. I now know that I am in both dominant and subordinate groups. I believe that I will speak out and try to be the voice of change among those with whom I interact daily.

2 comments:

B. Weaver said...

Thank you for your participation and contributions to the cluster. Great job on the documentary! Thank your grandparents and their friends for participating!

Unknown said...

you could also consider stopping the unattributed theft of other peoples photos maybe ?