Friday, January 19, 2007

Media Checklist

1. I use the telephone off and on throughout the day. I’d say that I call my boyfriend or my parents most frequently.

2. The last time I listened to a public speaker was probably near the end of last semester. It was the PR Colloquium put on by the PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America). I went because I’m a PR major and wanted to support my friends who organized the whole event.

3. I use IM practically everyday when I’m at school. When I’m at home, I hardly ever use it to chat. When I’m at school, I use it the most to keep in touch with my two best friends from high school. I also IM my boyfriend and friends here because it’s quick and easy to ask questions.

4. I use email ALL THE TIME. I’d say it’s my lifeline to almost everything. I send a handful of emails everyday to friends, my family, other students on campus, and professors.

5. The last time that I actually bought a lot of music was when I studied in Spain in fall ‘06. I loved the music there and was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to find the CDs at home!

6. I think the last TV show I watched was “I Love New York” on VH1. I know, I know, it’s horrible, but reruns were on while I was eating dinner.

7. Hmmm…. I can’t even remember the last thing I recorded.

8. The most recent movies I’ve seen at the theatre were over Christmas break. I saw “The Good Shepard” and “Night at the Museum.” I definitely recommend both! I actually watched “The Illusionist” last night on DVD and it was awesome.

9. The last radio station I listened to was a pop/rock station in Los Angeles when I went to visit my friend over Christmas break. Besides that, I liked the oldies station during December because they played Christmas music 24/7 all month!

10. I just finished reading “Angels and Demons” by Dan Brown. I got the book for Christmas because I really enjoyed reading “The DaVinci Code” and heard that Dan Brown’s first book was even better. I think it’s a close call though!

11. I read “The Chronicle of Higher Education” today because I was browsing the career section. I need to start looking for employment when I graduate!

12. Oh gosh I really never read magazines. Every now and then when I’m standing in line at the grocery store I’ll pick one up, but I’m not a huge fan.

13. The last time I wrote a letter was right before Christmas. I also wrote thank you notes after Christmas, if that counts! I never used to write letters, but since I studied abroad, I write them all the time to keep in touch with friends across the country and in Spain. It’s always fun to get letters, so I like to send them.

14. I go to the college’s website a zillion times a day to check my email. I’m also a fan of Google and weather.com! I browse around a lot too.

15. I don’t have a “My Space” account, but I do have a “Facebook” account. I use it to post pictures and keep in touch with people that I don’t go to school with. It’s actually really great for keeping in touch with people across the country. I think I was against blogs until I created this one… There’s a first time for everything!

No comments: